A study published serveral years ago revealed something new – women – not men – are more likely to find themselves in an incident of road rage.
A company that goes by the name of the Harris Interactive – found that – women – not men – were far more likely to fly off the handle on the morning commute.
More than 3,800 commuters were surveyed – all were full-time workers and of these 83% drove to their workplaces. The study intentionally ignored self-employed and “government job” workers.
Women More Likely To “Attack” In Road Rage Context
The major finding – women are more prone to road rage than men. Here are some the other findings:
- 61% of women said that they had experienced road rage, compared to 56% of men.
- Younger drivers are more prone to road rage than older ones. Roughly 68% of respondents between 25 and 34 years old said they experienced road rage, while just 47% of those 55 and older said the same.
- 17% of those surveyed said they experienced less road rage during the summer months, while 10% said they experienced more.
- Roughly 9% of commuters have actually gotten into a fight with another commuter.
- Almost one in four commuters — 24% to be precise — has been involved in an accident en route to work.
What Colorado Crimes Are Charged In The Road Rage Context?
The potential array of crimes that can be charged in Road Rage situations is enormous.
Crimes that are the result of intentional damage to physical property – or that reflect aggression and violence – have a wide range – attempted murder, criminal mischief, felony or misdemeanor assaults, disorderly conduct, and many other felonies and misdemeanors.
In Colorado – non-felony road rage cases are more likely to be charged with the traffic crimes of either reckless – or careless driving.
Colorado’s Traffic Crime of Reckless Driving – 42-4-140
(1) A person who drives a motor vehicle, bicycle, electrical assisted bicycle, or low-power scooter in such a manner as to indicate either a wanton or a willful disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
[HMS – In the author’s opinion aggressive driving should be less serious than reckless driving, but more than one simple act or failing to yield right of way.]
Then There is The Colorado Traffic Crime of Careless Driving
A person who drives a motor vehicle, … in a careless and imprudent manner, without due regard for the width, grade, curves, corners, traffic, or use of the streets and highways and all other attendant circumstances, commits careless driving, which is a class 1 misdemeanor traffic offense when the actions are the proximate cause of bodily injury or death to another.
Please call our law firm if you have questions about ..
Colorado Road Rage Cases – If you have questions about Colorado Road Rage Cases in the Denver metropolitan area and throughout Colorado, attorney H. Michael Steinberg will be pleased to answer those questions and to provides quality legal representation to those charged in Colorado adult and juvenile criminal matters… as regards Colorado Road Rage Cases.